St. Maarten has reached its goal to begin Phase 4 as of July 15, 2020.
Here are the rules for Phase 4.
PHASE 4 – June 15
In addition to those already allowed to operate, the following service may resume from Monday – Sunday at regular operating hours.
ECONOMIC – Phase 4
- All remaining businesses, including but not limited to:
- Market Vending
- Bars, Nightclubs & Dance Establishments
- Adult Entertainment Establishments
- Massage Parlors
- Manufacturers & Breweries
- Festivals, Events & Conferences
SOCIAL – Phase 4
All social activities may resume
All businesses and services must implement the mandatory guidelines of the ‘COVID-19 Prevention and Safety Plan for the Business Community of Sint Maarten’ and have their operational plans in place prior to re-opening.
OPERATIONAL PLANS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Manage social distancing
- Ensure that Staff & Clients wear masks
- Do not allow sick employees to work
- Ensure that Staff wears gloves, if service allows
- Thoroughly and frequently clean facilities
- Regularly sanitize commonly touched services
- Implement Proper Crowd Control
- Max. amount of clients allowed at one time
Operational plans, as well as questions and/or comments, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintain proper social distancing (2 meters)
- Practice proper coughing & sneezing etiquette
- Clean up after yourself.
St. Maarten has zero active COVID-19 cases
This has been a hard-fought uphill battle, but St. Maarten is pleased to announce they now have zero active cases of COVID-19. The last case has been recorded as cured. Prime Minister Silveria Jacobs said “I believe the people of St. Maarten are more aware of the dangers of this virus and should continue to guard themselves and their families by continuing to practice proper social distancing as much as possible out in public. As we slowly reopen to persons returning home, and the risk that poses, we must remain vigilant to minimize our risk of infection on the island, seeing our limited resources.”
Is the SXM Airport Open?
While the airport has not opened it’s doors up to travelers from the US yet, we believe the next steps will be coming soon. The first step was to control the virus on the island, and the next step will be to keep it off the island. We at St. Martin Sotheby’s Realty will be following all precautions in our properties for when our guests return to the island to ensure a safe experience.